Birdie, so modern

Arriving here in a desert land years back, there were so many things that put me in wonder - long fleet of cars resting bare under scorching sun, buildings and apartments without boundary walls, freedom to move around even after midnight, skyscrapers which seemed like matchbox palaces and facades of artificial palaces built during the temple procession at my birthplace...Gradually, I understood all these are features of this booming city, except one thing- the small little birds, chirping and flying up above the sky in the harsh summer. Sometimes they come in a group and use to rest on my clothes stand too.
They seem to tell me always- "Look at me, how cool I am! When you, the mighty human being, feel tired and exhausted by the summer, I could fly."
Feeling so low by this challenge put by these little creatures, I always tried to find out an answer. And this summer unveiled the puzzle before me.
I was on foot going to a supermarket. A man going in a car caught my attention to the road near the pavement I was walking. There lies my little enemy - a small dove; tired, unable to move. I took her and walked fast to the supermarket. After putting her in a shade, just buying only things I urgently needed, I rushed back to the bird buying a bottle of water praying Oh God! Keep her alive.
The bird stayed motionless exactly where I placed her. I tried to take her in my palms...To my surprise it moved so fast and flew a little distance after trying to attack me. The little shade gave her some life and strength to fight back. And now, who am I to it - Just an 'enemy.'
Finding solace in Buddha-like enlightenment, I told myself – even the little birdie knows how to survive. Thanks birdie...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Third wave or Fourth Wave, schools must reopen for preschoolers

India's Muslim inheritance law sexist, unfair

Ceasefire NOW: Palestinian lives matter, not Hamas